Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trudie the Turtle

An exciting event happened recently, I got a turtle! Her name is Trudie and she's a beautiful aquatic turtle.
 
Meet the wonderful Trudie! 

In honor of this beauty I wanted to make turtle cupcakes. They were very easy to decorate and they look so cute. With these cupcakes I used the following...

Ingredients: 
1 package of Sara Lee's butter vanilla cake mix
1 package of icing
green food dye
chocolate sprinkles

Supplies: 
green cupcake liners   
round circle icing tip 
mixing bowls

I first mixed the cupcake batter and filled them a little less than half full, as usual. Mixed the icing with the green food dye, only a couple drops at first, and iced the cupcakes, so they had a light green background color. Then I mixed more green food dye into the icing, turns out you needs to mix a ton of green food dye, like I found out last time, to make a rich green color for the shell. I filled an icing bag and using a round icing tip I made a  swirl for the top of the turtle shell. 


I made little arms and legs and a round head. Using only two chocolate sprinkles for each cupcakes I used them for the eyes of the turtle! And viola, cute green turtle cupcakes. Very easy to make. 

Trudie even liked them!
A Happy Turtle and Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment