Sunday, July 17, 2011

Goodbye Harry Potter


Two days ago I attended the Harry Potter midnight premiere of The Deathly Hallows Part 2. So sad that this is the end of Harry! We will forever love and miss you! Well naturally in honor of the occasion I HAD to make Harry Potter cupcakes.
My friends Ally, Regina and I at the premiere! 
Such a fun night! Anyways, with these cupcakes I really experimented with gum paste. I've never used it before and probably didn't use it correctly however the lightening bolts, glasses and "HP"turned out great!  
Some tips for using gum paste. It is in the directions on the back of the gum paste but take them to heart, make sure to have shortening or butter with you to soften the past and make it easier to form shapes. I used icing colors to paint the shapes and bought baker's paintbrushes. Im starting to get quite the collection of baking tools! Yay! I'm going to hopefully take Wilton cake baking classes at Hobby Lobby when school starts. I'm looking forward to it even if I am the youngest one in the class, I have a feeling I will be. Oh well! 
My other friend Ally helped me with the designs! Make sure to have a sharp knife for cutting the gum paste with a pointy tip. I can't wait to get my own gum paste and fondant cutting kit. 


The cupcakes were so cute I couldn't get myself to eat them! I had to give them to everyone else! I know I need more experience with the gum paste but for now it served it purpose. 

So if you want to make some intricate 3D designs on your cupcakes, buy some gum paste and viola, you will be a decorating expert in no time! And Harry Potter we will all miss you, thanks J.K. Rowling! 




No comments:

Post a Comment