Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Music to My Taste Buds

So the other week the weirdest thing happened. I have a summer job as a waitress and I got to talking to one of my tables about blogs, so I mentioned this, one thing led to another, and I got my first official cupaking baking job for Father's day! Sorry for being so busy and not being able to post much! This lady wanted some kind of music note cupcakes... I immediately thought of using candy melts and drawing notes with melted brown candies. This was also my first time making red velvet. 

Call me weird but I don't particularly like red velvet... Other people do but not me. I made giant cupcakes because she only wanted 6. 
I used milk chocolate candy melts, and bought some more cylinders for melting the chocolate, followed the directions to the T, and I didn't burn them to a crisp like last time! 
FYI, I love any and all Wilton products :) 
I just made my usual Buttercream icing, nothing special, I didn't even add color. It was kind of tricky to decorate the giant cupcakes, but they turned out great. 
Since this was kind of a "business thing" I used my signature "S" toothpick for a normal sized cupcake in the middle. 
You can see how much bigger the giant cupcakes are. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a box and drew my name on it. Exciting!

And Viola! Music cupcakes for those musically inclined. 




No comments:

Post a Comment